Military Service Members and Veterans Admissions

Mon-Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Miles Connor Bldg. 1st Floor
(410) 523-7351

At Coppin State University, there is space for everyone to belong—including active duty military service members and veterans. From prior learning credit opportunities to holistic student support, Coppin takes an active role in helping you transition from service to classroom to new career heights.

Apply now

How does Coppin define a current or former military service member?

A current service member is part of any of the six official branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, and has served at least 12 months of active duty, with no college or university attendance since service discharge.

A former military service member is a veteran of any of the six branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, who has at least 12 months of service, and is no longer serving in active duty.

Do I need to submit additional documentation with my Coppin Admissions application?

Military services members and veterans must also provide a copy of your DD Form 214 to the Office of Admissions. We use this form to verify your military service. For information on accessing your VA education benefits or federal tuition assistance, please visit our Veteran and Military Student page.   

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at